January 22, 2005

Sell Out! With Me Tonight, Sell Out!

I'm really quite disappointed with my Google Ads. They seem to be stuck on bow adverts. I have 6 posts up so far, and only 2 of them mention archery, so I had hoped it would be something different by now. I've often thought that my life seems to revolve around archery a little too much, perhaps sometimes to the exclusion of other hobbies. Maybe they're trying to tell me something?

Some of the messageboards I read regularly have Google Ads, and it's amusing to see what they come up with. Sometimes they hit the topic of conversation right on the nose, other times they miss the point entirely, but I often find myself laughing at the bizarre or insightful connections that the ad bars make. I was looking forward to seeing what adverts I could produce down my sidebar with the content of my posts.

Yes, and that is the reason they are there. One of the things I did as soon as I'd set up this blog was to sign up for Ads by Google. It's not the sort of thing you'd expect to see on a random website which is written for my own enjoyment rather than as any sort of business venture. After all, I can't really expect them to make any money, I certainly don't expect my visitors to click on them.

So I wait with baited breath to see what comes up next. I suspect, given that I've mentioned the a-word yet again in this post that it will continue as the main theme for quite a while. This strikes me as perhaps a little ironic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home